Learning Support Assistants
We are seeking to appoint some Learning Support Assistants to support students with additional needs who are under the care of our SEND department.
We are passionate about the importance of inclusion and strongly believe that high quality support is a key factor in ensuring academic success. If you share these views and are dedicated to bringing positive outcomes for all young people then this could be the perfect role for you.
The Spires College is a close community, with a shared desire to be the best we can be. As a School we are committed to staff’s professional development and invest heavily in ensuring everyone has the support required to be able to carry out their role to a high standard.
- a high level of support for all new staff;
- the opportunity to work alongside experienced staff and agencies beyond the College;
- an exciting and stimulating place to work in a friendly environment.
- a modern, purpose-built building and excellent facilities.
- be enthusiastic about giving young people the best possible start in life;
- ideally have experience of working with people with SEND;
- be professional, enthusiastic, self-motivating and able to demonstrate flexibility in your approach;
- be confident to lead the learning of individual students and small groups;
- be able to equip students with personalised strategies to become independent in education and life;
- have a caring and patient nature, and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- be a team player, and be able to contribute to the shared responsibility ethos of our school;
- have or be prepared to have an up to date knowledge of the new SEND code of practice.
The Spires College is a co-educational, 11-18 Bilateral School with a selective stream. We are a friendly, caring school which puts the needs of our children at the heart of all we do and are committed to improving outcomes for young people.
For further details about the post including what our staff think about working here and how to apply, please see the attached brochure.